adjective (cliquier, cliquiest)
- (Of a group or place) tending to form or hold exclusive groups and so not welcoming to outsiders: a cliquey schoolMore example sentences
- They are insular, cliquey and clannish, yet they worm their way into the highest positions of power in their adopted countries.
- I don't mean this in an elitist or cliquey way, for there can surely be no elite or clique in Manchester.
- Amy, 12, fell victim to her cliquey friends and admits in total embarrassment, ‘I joined in on it.’
More definitions of cliqueyDefinition of cliquey in:
- The British & World English dictionary