adverb & adjective
- In a curve corresponding in direction to the typical forward movement of the hands of a clock: [as adverb]: turn the knob clockwise [as adjective]: a clockwise directionMore example sentences
- My only real advice is to make sure you walk it in a clockwise direction, otherwise you'll be faced with a long, steep and sustained ascent.
- After bathing, gently massage in a clockwise direction over her chest to support breathing and aid a restful night's sleep.
- Just don't forget to dance round your fire in a clockwise direction to ensure good portents for your family in the coming season.
More definitions of clockwiseDefinition of clockwise in:
- The British & World English dictionary