- 1A lump of earth or clay.More example sentences
- The soil was so hard it took Moore three whacks with a pick just to break loose a clod of clay.
- And some foul-mouthed yobs have been hurling clods of earth at passing craft - with one passenger reportedly struck on the head by a clod.
- After the land was ploughed, the turned earth would contain large clods of earth that required breaking up.
- 2 • informal A stupid person (often used as a general term of abuse).More example sentences
- But this is an army of rookies, clods, and dimwits - and the women make short work of their glorious space armada.
- He is, however, quite impatient with the clods and dullards who do not find the tradition hopelessly retrograde.
- Except for a scant few, the characters in St. Elmo's Fire are all either weasels, deceptive clods or selfish ninnies.
late Middle English: variant of clot.