Definition of clodhopper in English:
1A large, heavy shoe.
- ‘Well, if that's true,’ she replied, ‘then what exactly do those clodhoppers say about you?’
- Okay okay, I'm sorry, now can we go before Kenny starts hacking at my shins with his clodhoppers again?
- She sees corporate apathy in size - 12 clodhoppers.
2 informal A foolish, awkward, or clumsy person.
- But the study of literature should be left to clodhoppers.
- Slice the Finals up any way you like, but the Nets, Pistons, Celtics, and the rest of the Eastern clodhoppers stand little or no chance of instilling fear in the Lakers.
- The exercise is designed to separate the dim from the deft, the brains from the buffoons, the clever from the clodhoppers.
Words that rhyme with clodhoppersharecropper
Definition of clodhopper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.