1A shave in which the hair is cut very short.
- Secondly, it softens the hair, offering a close shave.
- If good grooming is more his game, then the store has a stylish chrome shaving rack complete with everything he needs for a close shave: gel, razor, cloth and mirror.
- It has triple blades for an extra close shave and built-in shaving solid for extra softness.
2 informal A narrow escape from danger or disaster.
- There was a close shave when I jumped from the jet ski as there was nowhere to put any safety rigs.
- They are laughing about it now but it will be different when it sinks in and they realise what a close shave they have had.
- There have certainly been a number of fire rescues before this period and a few close shaves since.
Definition of close shave in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.