- 2 Baseball A relief pitcher who specializes in pitching to the final batters of a game if the pitcher’s team has the lead.More example sentences
- At least his winning home run came off one of the game's most dominant closers, someone who is on a contending team.
- Whatever your opinion of closers, teams rarely win without them.
- He remains one of the top closers in baseball and could be bargain for a contending team.
More definitions of closerDefinition of closer in:
- The British & World English dictionary