A herbaceous plant of the pea family that has dense, globular flower heads, and leaves that are typically three-lobed. It is an important and widely grown fodder and rotational crop.
- Genus Trifolium, family Leguminosae: many species, in particular red clover (T. pratense) and the creeping white clover (T. repens)
More example sentences
- To attract these flies, plant some dill, parsley and sweet clover in your garden.
- We found it quite quickly, a patch of grass with yellow gorse bushes dotted here and there around, blue vetch and clover, bright red Herb Robert.
- Cover crops included crimson clover, generally planted in the off-season to protect the soil.
- In ease and luxury: we’ll be in clover down there, lying around in the sun and fishing on the lakeMore example sentences
- The soft play area keeps the kids in clover and the food is superb.
- They want to be ruled by ‘strong leaders’ who will ‘do whatever it takes’ to protect them from harm and keep them in clover.
- ‘If this figure was reached we would be in clover,’ he states.
Definition of clover in:
- The British & World English dictionary