Definition of clover in English:
A herbaceous plant of the pea family that has dense, globular flower heads, and leaves that are typically three-lobed. It is an important and widely grown fodder and rotational crop.
- Genus Trifolium, family Leguminosae: many species, in particular red clover (T. pratense) and the creeping white clover (T. repens)
- To attract these flies, plant some dill, parsley and sweet clover in your garden.
- We found it quite quickly, a patch of grass with yellow gorse bushes dotted here and there around, blue vetch and clover, bright red Herb Robert.
- Cover crops included crimson clover, generally planted in the off-season to protect the soil.
- In ease and luxury: we’ll be in clover down there, lying around in the sun and fishing on the lakeMore example sentences
- The soft play area keeps the kids in clover and the food is superb.
- They want to be ruled by ‘strong leaders’ who will ‘do whatever it takes’ to protect them from harm and keep them in clover.
- ‘If this figure was reached we would be in clover,’ he states.
Words that rhyme with cloverCanova, Casanova, Dover, drover, Grsbover, Jehovah, left-over, Markova, Moldova, moreover, Navrátilová, nova, ova, over, Pavlova, rover, trover, up-and-over
Definition of clover in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan