1A shape or pattern resembling a leaf of clover: [as modifier]: cloverleaf rolls
More example sentences
- Exact locations were found at the boundaries of the genes by searching for sequences capable of forming the cloverleaf structure typical of these molecules.
- A rider races her horse in a cloverleaf pattern or figure eight around barrels, then races home.
- Riders enter the arena at full speed, triggering the clock to start and rounding the barrels in a cloverleaf pattern.
1.1North American A junction of roads intersecting at different levels with connecting sections forming the pattern of a four-leaf clover.
- The cloverleaf where Interstate 10 meets the causeway became a kind of crude sorting place.
- Getting between the two is like trying to get onto a freeway from an old cloverleaf junction - there's not enough of an acceleration lane.
- Eventually we found the exit and climbed a steep, suburban street into some hills, rising above the great cloverleaf of the freeway into a development of newly built houses.
Definition of cloverleaf in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.