Definition of cloverleaf in English:
1A shape or pattern resembling a leaf of clover: [as modifier]: cloverleaf rolls
More example sentences
- Exact locations were found at the boundaries of the genes by searching for sequences capable of forming the cloverleaf structure typical of these molecules.
- A rider races her horse in a cloverleaf pattern or figure eight around barrels, then races home.
- Riders enter the arena at full speed, triggering the clock to start and rounding the barrels in a cloverleaf pattern.
1.1North American A junction of roads intersecting at different levels with connecting sections forming the pattern of a four-leaf clover.
- The cloverleaf where Interstate 10 meets the causeway became a kind of crude sorting place.
- Getting between the two is like trying to get onto a freeway from an old cloverleaf junction - there's not enough of an acceleration lane.
- Eventually we found the exit and climbed a steep, suburban street into some hills, rising above the great cloverleaf of the freeway into a development of newly built houses.
Words that rhyme with cloverleafdrop-leaf • broadleaf
Definition of cloverleaf in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan