adjective (clunkier, clunkiest)• informal
- 1Awkwardly solid, heavy, and outdated: even last year’s laptops look clunky clunky brown shoes • figurative surprisingly clunky comedyMore example sentences
- I have to learn this old-fashioned clunky hardware.
- They have created a keyboard that's clunky, loud and heavy.
- Installed on a laptop, it takes the place of many pieces of antiquated and clunky video gear that were formerly needed to ensure high quality video recording.
- 2Making a clunking sound: clunky conveyor beltsMore example sentences
- Every sound is, at once, clunky and substantial.
- Her nose twitched slightly as she walked forward, her clunky metal heels hitting the concrete with a sharp clicking sound.
More definitions of clunkyDefinition of clunky in:
- The British & World English dictionary