Definition of coachwood in English:
A slender tree of the rain forests of Australia and New Guinea, with close-grained timber that has a characteristic caramel scent and is used for cabinetmaking and veneers.
- Ceratopetalum apetalum, family Cunoniaceae
- At the bottom of the gorge was a dense rainforest of coachwood, sassafras, lilly pilly, possumwood and tree ferns.
- Walking tracks through the Cathedral take you under an amazing canopy of ferns, sassafras and coachwoods.
- Initially, it twists and turns along the Coombadjha Creek, through the coachwoods, crabapples and corkwoods of the warm temperate rainforest.
Words that rhyme with coachwoodcottonwood • rosewood
Definition of coachwood in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.