- Heated, driven, or produced by the burning of coal: a coal-fired power stationMore example sentences
- At the moment only two of the nation's 1,100 coal-fired plants are fueled by gasification.
- Most conventional coal-fired power stations burn coal to produce steam, which turns turbines linked to a generator.
- Coal inventories already are at historic lows, with coal-fired generation outpacing coal production.
More definitions of coal-firedDefinition of coal-fired in:
- The British & World English dictionary