Definition of coati in English:
noun (plural coatis)
A raccoonlike animal found mainly in Central and South America, with a long, flexible snout and a ringed tail. Also called coatimundi.
- Genera Nasua and Nasuella, family Procyonidae: three or four species, in particular Nasua nasua, whose range reaches the southern US
- The reserve provides a home to 1,800 black howler monkeys as well as 250 species of birds, deer, coatis, anteaters, peccaries, and iguana.
- Many eggs are destroyed by this unfortunate timing, and predators (mainly coyotes, raccoons, opossums and coatis in Costa Rica) account for further losses.
- While the plants in the center help most animals in the graph, they have a special relation to the tree-dwelling mammals in the set: spider monkeys, howler monkeys, and coatis.
Definition of coati in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India