Definition of cobbler in English:
1A person who mends shoes as a job.
- He also worked as a master cobbler, mending shoes.
- Each small community would have had its local cobbler who produced shoes to fit each individual customer uniquely.
- The old cobbler who had been mending shoes in the doorway of a building was unexpectedly replaced by a stranger.
3chiefly North American A fruit pie with a rich crust on top.
- For dessert, we ordered a peach and huckleberry cobbler with vanilla gelato and four spoons.
- We eat our chicken and kugel, and then we serve the raspberry cobbler for dessert.
- The cobblers I usually make have crumby toppings; this one would turn out biscuity.
Middle English: of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with cobblergobbler
Definition of cobbler in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.