Definition of cobweb spider in English:
A spider that builds tangled three-dimensional webs.
- Family Theridiidae: many species, class Arachnida
- The best way to tell the difference between orb-weavers and cobweb spiders is by looking at the web.
- Most all cobweb spiders are harmless with the exception of the potentially dangerous widow spiders.
- Although many spiders are able to chew solid food, cobweb spiders like the black widow feed only on the fluids inside their prey.
Definition of cobweb spider in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan