- A substance administered to poultry, cattle, puppies, and kittens to retard the growth and reproduction of coccidian parasites.More example sentences
- Starter mash for chicks and poults usually has amprolium added, which is a coccidiostat.
- Several factors may cause an outbreak of coccidiosis, even if a coccidiostat is present in the ration.
- Broilers must not be given coccidiostats within a few days of slaughter for human consumption.
More definitions of coccidiostatDefinition of coccidiostat in:
- The British & World English dictionary