Definition of cockatiel in English:
A slender, long-crested Australian parrot related to the cockatoos, with a mainly gray body, white shoulders, and a yellow and orange face.
- Nymphicus hollandicus, family Cacatuidae (or Psittacidae)
- Parrot fever is a bacterial disease that affects more than 100 species of wild and domestic birds, including parrots, macaws, cockatiels and parakeets.
- When the aviary was smashed, the parrots, cockatiels and lovebirds took flight.
- The bird sanctuary has been inundated with calls from people who have spotted cockatiels, budgies and parrots that have been released into the wild.
late 19th century: from Dutch kaketielje, probably a diminutive of kaketoe 'cockatoo'.
Words that rhyme with cockatielallele, anele, anneal, appeal, Bastille, Beale, Castile, chenille, cochineal, conceal, congeal, creel, deal, eel, Emile, feel, freewheel, genteel, Guayaquil, heal, heel, he'll, keel, Kiel, kneel, leal, Lille, Lucille, manchineel, meal, misdeal, Neil, O'Neill, ordeal, peal, peel, reel, schlemiel, seal, seel, she'll, spiel, squeal, steal, steel, Steele, teal, underseal, veal, weal, we'll, wheel, zeal
Definition of cockatiel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan