- A young domestic cock.More example sentences
- Walker explained to me that he had been raising the young cockerel from a chick since last September, and this is his first year showing his birds.
- Young cockerels make excellent table fare with juicy, flavorful meat.
- In one experiment, the cockerels were allowed to copulate in the presence of none, one, or three male competitors.
Middle English: diminutive of cock1.
More definitions of cockerelDefinition of cockerel in:
- The British & World English dictionary