Definition of cockroach in English:
A beetlelike insect with long antennae and legs, feeding by scavenging. Several tropical species have become established worldwide as pests in homes and food service establishments.
- Suborder Blattodea, order Dictyoptera: many genera and species, including the oriental cockroach (Blatta orientalis) and the American cockroach (Periplaneta americana); some, especially in the genus Ectobius, are small temperate species that live outdoors
- Houseflies, mosquitoes and cockroaches are identified as the most common domestic insect pests.
- The ants and the cockroaches have also begun to return; no longer is it safe to leave the cat food out on the back step.
- Removing the space prevents cockroaches and other pests from residing in the dark corners.
Words that rhyme with cockroachstagecoach • slowcoach
Definition of cockroach in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.