Definition of cockspur thorn in English:
1A North American hawthorn that is often cultivated for its rich orange autumn foliage.
- Crataegus crus-galli, family Rosaceae
- It's 53 metres long by 13 metres wide, is well-established and contains a number of mature trees, including a cockspur thorn and hazels.
- It belongs to the group of cockspur thorns whose flowers and fruits are borne on pubescent pedicels.
- In the plantation near the Latchford Gate is a broad-leaved cockspur thorn.
Definition of cockspur thorn in:
- British & World English dictionary