Definition of cockspur thorn in English:
1A North American hawthorn that is often cultivated for its rich orange autumn foliage.
- Crataegus crus-galli, family Rosaceae
- It's 53 metres long by 13 metres wide, is well-established and contains a number of mature trees, including a cockspur thorn and hazels.
- It belongs to the group of cockspur thorns whose flowers and fruits are borne on pubescent pedicels.
- In the plantation near the Latchford Gate is a broad-leaved cockspur thorn.
Definition of cockspur thorn in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan