Definition of coddle in English:
1Treat in an indulgent or overprotective way: I was coddled and cosseted
More example sentences
- I watched in amazement as the players were coddled and treated like gods.
- Being the baby of the family he was coddled and treated like glass, as if he would break.
- I want to baby you, and coddle you, and spoil you for the rest of my life.
- Example sentences
- We should not allow corporate coddlers like these men to repackage themselves as born-again crusaders for reform.
- If we do not, we allow our opponents to say we are coddlers of evil, allowing an oppressor to rule unchecked.
- He painted a picture of a painful childhood with parents who were certainly not coddlers.
Pronunciation: /ˈkädlər, ˈkädl-ər/noun