Definition of codeine in English:
A sleep-inducing and analgesic drug derived from morphine.
- An alkaloid; chemical formula: C18H21NO3
- Opiates - drugs like codeine and morphine that contain or are derived from opium - are considered low-grade narcotics.
- In addition, staff were concerned that pain might be undertreated once acetaminophen with codeine was the only analgesic used for pain management.
- If this does not work the second step is to continue these drugs and add a weak synthetic opium imitator such as codeine or oxycodone.
Mid 19th century: from Greek kōdeia 'poppy head' + -ine4.
Words that rhyme with codeineRoedean
Definition of codeine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.