- The resistance of a magnetic material to changes in magnetization, equivalent to the field intensity necessary to demagnetize the fully magnetized material.More example sentences
- The straightforward remedy is to adopt magnetic materials of higher coercivity, meaning they are harder both to magnetize and to demagnetize.
- Magnetic stripes are defined by coercivity, or how densely the magnetic particles are packed into the stripe.
- The coercivity of haematite exceeds that of magnetite, and hence this technique is of little use on haematite-dominated magnetizations.
More definitions of coercivityDefinition of coercivity in:
- The British & World English dictionary