- A watertight enclosure pumped dry to permit construction work below the waterline, as when building bridges or repairing a ship.More example sentences
- Its diversion tunnel is accompanied by upstream and downstream cofferdams that permit construction of the main dam.
- The construction scheme employed on the bridge consisted of cofferdams for the drilled shaft foundations, and climbing forms for the tower construction.
- The 1,050 mm diameter outfall on the west side of the airfield required a temporary cofferdam during its construction.
More definitions of cofferdamDefinition of cofferdam in:
- The British & World English dictionary