- The terminal bone in a horse’s hoof (the distal phalanx).More example sentences
- A condition in which the connection between the ‘coffin bone’ in the foreleg and the membrane inside wears away, causing the hoof to fall off, Laminitis is a sure killer in the wild.
- Once Laminitis sets in, the structures connecting the ‘coffin bone’ and membrane inside the outer hoof, called Laminae, start to slowly degenerate.
- Once the disease sets in, the connecting structures between what is called the coffin bone and the membrane inside the outer hoof Laminae degenerate.
More definitions of coffin boneDefinition of coffin bone in:
- The British & World English dictionary