A perennial, rhizomatous grass of Asian origin, used for thatching and as a packing material; identified as a noxious weed in much of the southeastern US.
- Imperata cylindrica, family Poaceae
More example sentences
- I climb down to the little settlement where my friend is working in front of a small wooden hut, called a bale, raised on poles and thatched with cogon grass.
- The first leg of the climb consists of wading through giant cogon grasses on a steep, exposed trail.
- More rocks, with occasional thermal heat, and thick cogon grasses beckoned as we dragged ourselves up, fatigue starting to catch up.
Definition of cogon grass in:
- The British & World English dictionary