Definition of cohesive in English:
Characterized by or causing cohesion.
- Today I got a real sense that we were beginning to become a cohesive unit, looking out for each other.
- The half back line took a while to get into the game but when they did, they looked a cohesive unit.
- All that experience rolled into one cohesive unit would be a force to be reckoned with.
- Example sentences
- Regions must agree to come together and act cohesively.
- The idea is that local bands have direct access to the public and are working cohesively together to help each other out.
- This and other reforms offer ‘a significant opportunity for Government to think cohesively about how we run local services and govern at a local level’.
Words that rhyme with cohesiveadhesive
Definition of cohesive in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan