(also coho salmon or cohoe)
Definition of coho in English:
noun (plural same, cohos, or cohoes)
A deep-bodied North Pacific salmon with small black spots. Also called silver salmon.
- Oncorhynchus kisutch, family Salmonidae
- The Seymour hatchery raises and releases about 750,000 smolts annually, including pink, chum, coho, chinook salmon, cutthroat trout and steelhead.
- Some other common names for Oncorhynchus kisutch are coho, silver, blueback, and hook nose salmon.
- Each run of Pacific chinook, coho, sockeye, pink, and chum salmon knows how to survive in a specific spawning stream.
Mid 19th century: probably from Salish k'wəxwəθ.
Words that rhyme with cohoboho, Moho, Soho
Definition of coho in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.