- Fiber from the outer husk of the coconut, used for making ropes and matting.More example sentences
- The EPCH also plans to include a complete product group of floor coverings made of natural fibres including coir, jute, cotton, silk and wool.
- Somewhere in between, a group of three old women in traditional attire - with big earrings - make coir from coconut husk using rusted machines.
- The snail's protective coloration and small size make it hard to find in soil substitutes - bark, peat moss, cinder, or pieces of coconut husk, called coir - used to fill greenhouse pots.
late 16th century: from Malayalam kayaṛu 'cord, coir'.
More definitions of coirDefinition of coir in:
- The British & World English dictionary