A yellow compound present in the corms of colchicums, used to relieve pain in cases of gout.
- An alkaloid; chemical formula: C22H25NO6
More example sentences
- Examples include the analgesics morphine and codeine, the antibiotic sanguinarine, the gout suppressant colchicine, and the muscle relaxant (+) tubocurarine.
- Sivagnanam wonders if our patients settled because of the residual effect of the previously administered high dose colchicine that we had stopped; we only reintroduced colchicine, however, if the gout was not settling or was worsening.
- The reduction of pain in the study joint was consistent between monoarticular and polyarticular gout and across subgroups defined by concomitant use of allopurinol, colchicine, or both.
Definition of colchicine in:
- The British & World English dictionary