- An unsolved criminal investigation which remains open pending the discovery of new evidence: the cold cases that have never been solvedMore example sentences
- In January, a new cold case detective unit was established to trawl over old murder and rape cases in an attempt to catch violent offenders still at large.
- This inquiry has started a momentum in looking at cold cases, not only from a forensic science point of view but also from an investigative one.
- He is reopening a cold case from 2001 in which a 46-year-old Wichita woman was strangled and dumped in a creek.
More definitions of cold caseDefinition of cold case in:
- The British & World English dictionary