Definition of cold deck in English:
1US informal A deck of cards that has been dishonestly arranged beforehand.
- This was confounded by some cold decks in tourneys I honestly spent a few months believing the other player had the nuts every time he re-raised me.
- This was one of the worst cold decks in recent memory.
- So many cold decks, one after the other, makes me wonder what I have to flop to win a pot?
2North American A pile of logs stored away from the immediate area where logging is taking place.
- Logs in cold decks may be effected by drying shrinkage and insect/fungi attacks during warm weather.
- After Christmas the men load the cold decks, using horse, power, onto sleds which are either pulled by horses or trucks or tractors.
Definition of cold deck in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan