- A state of sweating induced by fear, nervousness, or illness: he used to break into a cold sweat when he was called on in classMore example sentences
- Maureen Phillips, of Trincity, who has three children, said her daughter Sian, a student of Bon Air Government School, has been experiencing cold sweats and anxiety attacks due to the exams.
- It is enough to induce shuddering, cold sweats in an England defence that was their weakness even before first-choice full-back Gary Neville was ruled out through injury.
- A 1988 study conducted on 80 Danish naval cadets, training on the ocean, found that ginger capsules reduced symptoms of vomiting, cold sweats, nausea, and vertigo.
More definitions of cold sweatDefinition of cold sweat in:
- The British & World English dictionary