- 1.1 (the Cold War) The state of political hostility that existed between the Soviet bloc countries and the US-led Western powers from 1945 to 1990.More example sentences
- During the Cold War the Soviet Union acted to restrain the US.
- During the Cold War the city was used by film-makers as a stand-in for St Petersburg in movies such as Reds, The Kremlin Letter and Doctor Zhivago.
- During the Cold War it was the scene of exchanges of spies.
More definitions of cold warDefinition of cold war in:
- The British & World English dictionary