A tropical Southeast Asian plant of the mint family that has brightly colored variegated leaves and is popular as a houseplant.
- Genus Solenostemon (formerly Coleus), family Labiatae
More example sentences
- Late-spring-to-frost annuals include the numerous sun coleuses, cleomes, periwinkles and zinnias.
- I've had great success with basil, begonias, coleus, impatients, tomatoes, and tomatillos.
- In summer months, bright annuals such as impatiens, begonia, and coleus make attractive companion plants.
Definition of coleus in:
- The British & World English dictionary