Definition of coleus in English:
A tropical Southeast Asian plant of the mint family that has brightly colored variegated leaves and is popular as a houseplant.
- Genus Solenostemon (formerly Coleus), family Labiatae
- Late-spring-to-frost annuals include the numerous sun coleuses, cleomes, periwinkles and zinnias.
- I've had great success with basil, begonias, coleus, impatients, tomatoes, and tomatillos.
- In summer months, bright annuals such as impatiens, begonia, and coleus make attractive companion plants.
Definition of coleus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan