Definition of collared lizard in English:
A lizard that is typically marked with spots and bands and has a distinctive black-and-white collar. It is found in dry rocky areas in the southern US and Mexico.
- Crotaphytus collaris, family Iguanidae
- We measured the asymmetry of five mensural and seven meristic characters of 175 collared lizards from north-central Oklahoma.
- These hot and dry rocky slopes support scorpions, tarantulas, collared lizards, pygmy rattlesnakes, roadrunners, and prickly pear cacti.
- Though Joshua Tree may look devoid of wildlife, even a short walk out in the desert will quickly reveal a myriad of freshly dug holes, where pocket mice, collared lizards, rabbits, or desert tortoises have burrowed.
Definition of collared lizard in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan