- 1(Of a person) not perturbed or distracted: outwardly they are cool, calm, and collectedMore example sentences
- Nevertheless, a cool, calm and collected Michael started the engine, grabbed a gear and shot off down the road.
- Once established, I passed the controls to a calm and collected student copilot.
- So if you see me staggering around clutching at my stomach being followed by a very calm and collected guy with an accent, you'll know what's going on.
- 2(Of individual works) brought together in one volume or edition: the collected works of Edgar Allan PoeMore example sentences
- 4,000 of these now make up six volumes of his collected works.
- But the volume of my collected works would likely equal a decent sized novel.
- His collected works of 24 volumes are far from complete, and he left a huge archival heritage that resides in St. Petersburg.
- 2.1(Of a volume or edition) containing all the works of a particular person or category.More example sentences
- In the Preface to the collected edition of Manx Notes and Queries, Roeder wrote.
- The collected Manuscript Remains show Schopenhauer's greatest book in a process of composition over a period of almost ten years.
- Why couldn't Dickens have changed parts in Great Expectations before a collected edition?
- 3(Of a horse) moving with a shortened stride and with its hind legs correctly placed to achieve balance and impulsion.More example sentences
- ‘Mary taught me how to ride a collected canter today,’ she says breathlessly.
- Peters believes it has to do with his tendency to swing in his tempi changes and to pace laterally in his collected walk, and is circumspect about his final placing.
- sense 1.More example sentences
- ‘Bright,’ Nile said, a little too collectedly and a little too high-pitched, ‘why is there a strange man brushing his teeth in my bathroom?’
- He moves collectedly toward his mode of transportation, aware that he'd be rid of her annoying presence, her interfering presence, her presence that triggers memory, once he reaches the safety of his possession, of his haven.
- All her life, she had taken things calmly and collectedly, without displaying too much emotion, but around Lucas Reed, that had proven to be impossible to do.