(also chiefly British collectable)
Definition of collectible in English:
1(Of an item) worth collecting; of interest to a collector.
- This beautifully-packaged double set includes not only the big musical numbers her fans will already know but also an entire album's worth of new and collectable recordings.
- The latest edition of Raw Vision reports on the growing interest in a highly collectable strand of outsider art, the Victorian Spar Box.
- Swindon police discovered £2,000 worth of the collectable toys during a raid earlier this year.
2Able to be collected: a surplus collectible as rent by the landowner
More example sentences
- Or are these collectible symbols, like Pokemon?
- While many parents do not appreciate the idea of promoting these collectible items with snack items, some do not think it is such a bad idea.
- Now what am I going to do with those 19 collectible figurines Burger King sent to me?
noun(usually collectibles) Back to top
An item valued and sought by collectors.
- You also receive a certificate of authentication that adds additional value to these collectables.
- Hundreds of people went to the museum's D4 hangar to have items valued and show off their collectables of the future.
- The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund is calling upon artists and collectors to make donations of original art and rare collectibles to assist in summer fundraising.
- Example sentences
- There are about 3,000 signed, exhibition-quality Washburn prints of these 300-odd pictures in the Panopticon inventory, the sum of which represents the future of Washburn's collectibility.
- She can file very expensive libel reports if she can locate these people and solve the issue of collectibility.
- ‘These Signature Editions contain an element of collectibility in addition to the tremendous value of the fine art - not just among collectors of Hirschfeld art, but to autograph collectors and fans of Hope and Lemmon as well,’ Hakan said.
Words that rhyme with collectibleactable
Definition of collectible in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan