(also chiefly British collectable)
1(Of an item) worth collecting; of interest to a collector.
- This beautifully-packaged double set includes not only the big musical numbers her fans will already know but also an entire album's worth of new and collectable recordings.
- The latest edition of Raw Vision reports on the growing interest in a highly collectable strand of outsider art, the Victorian Spar Box.
- Swindon police discovered £2,000 worth of the collectable toys during a raid earlier this year.
2Able to be collected: a surplus collectible as rent by the landowner
More example sentences
- Or are these collectible symbols, like Pokemon?
- While many parents do not appreciate the idea of promoting these collectible items with snack items, some do not think it is such a bad idea.
- Now what am I going to do with those 19 collectible figurines Burger King sent to me?
An item valued and sought by collectors.
- You also receive a certificate of authentication that adds additional value to these collectables.
- Hundreds of people went to the museum's D4 hangar to have items valued and show off their collectables of the future.
- The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund is calling upon artists and collectors to make donations of original art and rare collectibles to assist in summer fundraising.
- Example sentences
- There are about 3,000 signed, exhibition-quality Washburn prints of these 300-odd pictures in the Panopticon inventory, the sum of which represents the future of Washburn's collectibility.
- She can file very expensive libel reports if she can locate these people and solve the issue of collectibility.
- ‘These Signature Editions contain an element of collectibility in addition to the tremendous value of the fine art - not just among collectors of Hirschfeld art, but to autograph collectors and fans of Hope and Lemmon as well,’ Hakan said.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of collectible in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.