Definition of collotype in English:
1A process for making high-quality prints from a sheet of light-sensitive gelatin exposed photographically to the image without using a screen: [as modifier]: collotype printing
More example sentences
- A higher, and more expensive, process is collotype printing, in which the photographic image is transferred to a gelatine-covered glass plate which accepts printing ink in different and subtle degrees.
- Therefore it's no wonder only a handful of collotype studios are still existing in the world today.
- Printing high quality collotype illustrations for books was a decent size industry at one time.
1.1A print made by the collotype process.
- On loan from a private collection, these images-in a wide variety of formats including collotypes and hand-tinted photographs-show Huffman's skills and the various stages of his career.
- A distillation occurs in the self-portrait Palindrome, a collotype that Hamilton laminated in the lenticular acrylic used in 3 - D postcards.
- Postcards with ` Albertype’ printed on back are collotypes and usually date to the earlier 1900s.
Definition of collotype in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan