nounPhotography & Printing
1Any of three negative images of the same subject taken through green, red, and blue filters and combined to reproduce the full color of the original.
- In advertising, animation plays a major role in graphics design and illustrations, while publishing houses rely on it for page layout and colour separation.
- Alas, what we get is a full-frame, middle-grade transfer with decent color separation but weak depth, and some truly annoying edge enhancement.
- The color separation fluctuates almost from one frame to the next - characters and backgrounds change hues willy-nilly, like a psychedelic nightmare.
1.1The production of color separations.
- He uses the computer to create color separations and facilitate his experiments with scale.
- I had found two different design magazines that used enlarged color separations of the Mona Lisa for an illustration.
- The photography is excellent, the color separations are consistently accurate, and the localities showcased are arguably the most famous in the world.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: col·or sep·a·ra·tion
Definition of color separation in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.