Definition of color wash in English:
Colored calcimine or tempera.
- Using a combination of line drawing and colour wash, Larkin observes the movements of a variety of urban characters.
- Standing at arm's length from the wall, brush the light colour wash over the walls in a haphazard way.
- There are two techniques for color wash application: sponge or brush.
verb(color-wash) [with object] Back to top
Paint (something) with colored calcimine or tempera.
- Half-rendered, half brick walls can be made charming by colour-washing them in smart paint and planting climbers to tone.
- The exhibits are for the most part Matcham's own colour-washed drawings, high-quality full-size reproductions of those held in London's Theatre Museum.
- As a bonus, subtle color-washed drawings by Bob Freeman are used in four stories, borrowed from the original Classic Cars series.
Definition of color wash in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan