- 1(Especially of a gas or liquid) without color.More example sentences
uncolored, white, bleached• literary achromatic
- At room temperature and standard pressure ethers are colorless, neutral liquids with pleasant odors.
- It is a colourless gas produced by the decay of organic matter such as raw sewage, oils, and salt water.
- At atmospheric temperatures, ozone is a colorless gas with an odor similar to chlorine that can usually be detected at a level of about 0.01 parts per million.
- 1.1Dull or pale in hue: colorless cheeksMore example sentences
- Her skin was incredibly pale, almost colorless, and her eyes were dull.
- His face was nearly colorless, his skin pale and waxen.
- Both were a deep green color that caused the grey of his eyes to appear pale and colorless in comparison.
- 2Lacking distinctive character or interest; dull: the book is rather colorless, like its authorMore example sentences
- Unlike many of the colourless characters in golf, there is much more to him than putting and winning tournaments.
- Seldom in world history can so much power have been wielded by such an apparently colourless character.
- A couple of seasons of too much talk, too many colorless characters, and not enough action have left the show in limbo.
- More example sentences
- Her entire report was delivered colorlessly, without any shade of emotion.
- It is constructed well enough but moves ponderously and colorlessly to its conclusion.
- Not only is it colorlessly written but it ignores much fascinating material.