noun (plural colies)
- another term for mousebird.More example sentences
- Some facultatively hypothermic species (colies, several coraciiforms) alleviate this cost by group roosting on the nest, but this adaptation has not led to the evolution of joint laying.
- Two shared, derived characters of the syrinx imply a relationship between parrots and colies.
- Mousebirds, or colies, are of the order Coliiformes.
mid 19th century: from modern Latin Colius, from Greek kolios, denoting a type of woodpecker.
More definitions of colyDefinition of coly in:
- The British & World English dictionary