- 1 • informal Fall heavily.More example sentences
- True, he has, at times, come a cropper over fences but he had no difficulty handling the jumping last year.
- To-date motorists unlucky enough to have come a cropper on the spillages have, at least, survived the experience.
- The day before he should have been in London to pick up an award for his stunning pile-up picture of cyclists coming a cropper in the Sydney Olympics.
- 1.1Suffer a defeat or disaster: the club’s challenge for the championship has come a cropperMore example sentences
- Having excelled at the Commonwealth championship, the women came a cropper in Canada, failing to win a single medal.
- Some apple and kiwfruit growers are facing big income drops this year as marketers have come a cropper in Europe and America.
- Then he will increase the bet and while lucky sometimes, he's come a cropper lately.
More definitions of come a cropperDefinition of come a cropper in:
- The British & World English dictionary