Definition of comedian in English:
1An entertainer whose act is designed to make an audience laugh.
- The 5.1 mix on this disc is better than expected - there were times where I felt I was really in the audience watching the comedians on stage.
- While he considers himself first and foremost a stand-up comedian, his television career is on quite a roll.
- Watching the way comedians dealt with difficult audiences was particularly enlightening.
1.1often ironic An amusing or entertaining person.
- Aside from having total mastery over all things pointless, he's also a real cut-up of a comedian!
- The cruise took around one hour and was a narrated trip; it turned out that the guy doing the narration was a bit of a comedian so it was pretty amusing.
- Others become comedians or " party animals " so that people will like them.
1.2A comic actor.
- He doesn't take for granted the skills required to be a comedian or comic actor of quality.
- Hire noted comedians and physical actors for the lead roles, provide the straight man, and start firing.
- Why isn't the greatest comedian considered a better actor than a mediocre drama queen?