1An entertainer whose act is designed to make an audience laugh.
- The 5.1 mix on this disc is better than expected - there were times where I felt I was really in the audience watching the comedians on stage.
- While he considers himself first and foremost a stand-up comedian, his television career is on quite a roll.
- Watching the way comedians dealt with difficult audiences was particularly enlightening.
1.1often ironic An amusing or entertaining person.
- Aside from having total mastery over all things pointless, he's also a real cut-up of a comedian!
- The cruise took around one hour and was a narrated trip; it turned out that the guy doing the narration was a bit of a comedian so it was pretty amusing.
- Others become comedians or " party animals " so that people will like them.
1.2A comic actor.
- He doesn't take for granted the skills required to be a comedian or comic actor of quality.
- Hire noted comedians and physical actors for the lead roles, provide the straight man, and start firing.
- Why isn't the greatest comedian considered a better actor than a mediocre drama queen?
Words that rhyme with comedianArchimedean, epicedian, median, tragedian
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.