Definition of comforter in English:
1North American A warm quilt.
- That means placing baby on his back on a firm, flat mattress and not adding extra mattresses or any soft bedding, such as pillows, quilts or comforters.
- Find out everything you need to know about choosing the perfect blankets, pillows, bed linens, comforters, and other bedding here now.
- Don't use pillows, comforters, quilts, and other soft or plush items on the bed.
2A person or thing that provides consolation.
- Many people, it is true, are morbidly fascinated by deadlocks and stand-offs and cling to them as old friends and comforters.
- Credit the heroic firemen, police and rescue workers; praise hospitable friends and comforters.
- It was so hard to comfort the comforter; she already knew all the rules.
2.1 (Comforter) The Holy Spirit.
- Therefore the person of the Holy Spirit has got to be linked to the act of God on the Cross at least to the same extent that the Holy Spirit / Comforter is linked to the presence of God in experience.
- For if I go not away the Comforter will not come unto you.
- Consider the following statements he makes, the first in regards to who the Comforter is, and the second on Christ being saved from the cross.
Definition of comforter in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan