Definition of comforter in English:
1North American A warm quilt.
- That means placing baby on his back on a firm, flat mattress and not adding extra mattresses or any soft bedding, such as pillows, quilts or comforters.
- Find out everything you need to know about choosing the perfect blankets, pillows, bed linens, comforters, and other bedding here now.
- Don't use pillows, comforters, quilts, and other soft or plush items on the bed.
2A person or thing that provides consolation.
- Many people, it is true, are morbidly fascinated by deadlocks and stand-offs and cling to them as old friends and comforters.
- Credit the heroic firemen, police and rescue workers; praise hospitable friends and comforters.
- It was so hard to comfort the comforter; she already knew all the rules.
2.1 (Comforter) The Holy Spirit.
- Therefore the person of the Holy Spirit has got to be linked to the act of God on the Cross at least to the same extent that the Holy Spirit / Comforter is linked to the presence of God in experience.
- For if I go not away the Comforter will not come unto you.
- Consider the following statements he makes, the first in regards to who the Comforter is, and the second on Christ being saved from the cross.
Definition of comforter in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.