Definition of comfrey in English:
noun (plural comfreys)
A Eurasian plant of the borage family, with large hairy leaves and clusters of purplish or white bell-shaped flowers.
- Genus Symphytum, family Boraginaceae: several species, in particular the common comfrey (S. officinale), which is used in herbal medicine (see boneset)
- Particularly good trap crops include: green lettuce, cabbage, calendula, marigolds, comfrey leaves, zinnias and beans.
- Himalayan balsam crowds out native plants such as comfrey and willow herb, which are both important food sources for insects.
- These products often include comfrey, chickweed, echinacea, calendula, goldenseal, plantain, essential oils, and a host of other herbs in a base of olive oil and beeswax.
Words that rhyme with comfreyHumphrey
Definition of comfrey in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.