Definition of comfrey in English:
noun (plural comfreys)
A Eurasian plant of the borage family, with large hairy leaves and clusters of purplish or white bell-shaped flowers.
- Genus Symphytum, family Boraginaceae: several species, in particular the common comfrey (S. officinale), which is used in herbal medicine (see boneset)
- Particularly good trap crops include: green lettuce, cabbage, calendula, marigolds, comfrey leaves, zinnias and beans.
- Himalayan balsam crowds out native plants such as comfrey and willow herb, which are both important food sources for insects.
- These products often include comfrey, chickweed, echinacea, calendula, goldenseal, plantain, essential oils, and a host of other herbs in a base of olive oil and beeswax.
Words that rhyme with comfreyHumphrey
Definition of comfrey in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan