- An opera that portrays humorous situations and characters, enhanced by spoken dialogue.More example sentences
- This recording from the International Arts Festival last year is a comic opera about a string quartet on tour.
- There's a certain subset of opera fans who dismiss Rossini comic operas with a haughty wave.
- Yes, The Marriage of Figaro is one of the wonderful comic operas most people would enjoy.
More definitions of comic operaDefinition of comic opera in:
- The British & World English dictionary