Definition of comical in English:
Amusing: a series of comical misunderstandings
More example sentences
- It made me jump at first, but once I was used to it, I found them strangely comical.
- Both were ridiculously funny in what must be two of the best comical roles ever written.
- And then she made a big comical show of shaking her watch and holding it up to her ear.
informal, dated killing, a card, a caution
- Example sentences
- ‘I have become increasingly convinced that great men have strong elements of comicality in them,’ he remarks.
- Both, far from being impressive, still less frightening, have a kind of burlesque vulgarity, even a comicality about them, which might have been effective in a different context.
- What he dubs the perfection of misunderstanding in his hands becomes both an admirable description of the film's comicality and the basis of narrative structure.