Definition of commodity in English:
noun (plural commodities)
1A raw material or primary agricultural product that can be bought and sold, such as copper or coffee.
- Exports of primary commodities and the import of finished products are not favourable for any country.
- What the seller wants ultimately to receive in exchange for the commodities sold is other commodities.
- Now you can see the plan is to diversify the economy and not only depend on the production of primary commodities.
1.1A useful or valuable thing, such as water or time.
- His time is a valuable commodity, and when reporters are denied it, they can become annoyed.
- We need more flexibility in the system, as time with patients is a valuable commodity.
- Skilled consultants and business advisers can be very valuable commodities in the right hands.
Words that rhyme with commodityoddity
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.