Good sense and sound judgment in practical matters: use your common sense [as modifier]: a common-sense approach
More example sentences
- I believe that the committee reached a very sound, common-sense approach to the problem.
- He had a practical, common-sense manner, and he was determined from the outset that nothing but his best was good enough.
- I hope that a practical, common-sense application will be applied to the various issues that will arise.
good sense, sense, native wit, sensibleness, judgment, levelheadedness, prudence, discernment, canniness, astuteness, shrewdness, wisdom, insight, perception, perspicacity; practicality, capability, resourcefulness, enterprise
- More example sentences
- And we all ought to go about our business in a commonsensical, calm way, and not in any way be distracted by scare stories or horror stories or headlines.
- These changes are practical and commonsensical and I hope they will prevent cases of serious error.
- In general, the American public seems to apply a fairly reasonable, commonsensical standard of benefit and cost when evaluating foreign affairs.