Definition of common sense in English:
Good sense and sound judgment in practical matters: use your common sense [as modifier]: a common-sense approach
More example sentences
- I believe that the committee reached a very sound, common-sense approach to the problem.
- He had a practical, common-sense manner, and he was determined from the outset that nothing but his best was good enough.
- I hope that a practical, common-sense application will be applied to the various issues that will arise.
good sense, sense, native wit, sensibleness, judgment, levelheadedness, prudence, discernment, canniness, astuteness, shrewdness, wisdom, insight, perception, perspicacity;
practicality, capability, resourcefulness, enterprise
- Example sentences
- And we all ought to go about our business in a commonsensical, calm way, and not in any way be distracted by scare stories or horror stories or headlines.
- These changes are practical and commonsensical and I hope they will prevent cases of serious error.
- In general, the American public seems to apply a fairly reasonable, commonsensical standard of benefit and cost when evaluating foreign affairs.
Words that rhyme with common sensecense, commence, condense, dense, dispense, expense, fence, hence, Hortense, immense, offence (US offense), pence, prepense, pretence (US pretense), sense, spence, suspense, tense, thence, whence
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.